Friday 31 August 2012

Starting Off

About me.

Interest:
I'm a realist at heart, and so is the world. And the world responds to incentives. That's my game, 'incentives'. I'm interested in knowing what makes something 'tick'. What motivates a course of action? What events would determine a causality... It may be as big as figuring how countries fall, or something as small as what makes a kid cry. Regardless, I wanna know!



Dreams:
As cheesy as it may sound, I dream of a world without conflict. Though probably not in the sense of what most people would think: a paradise, a utopia, heaven-on-Earth, etc. No, none like that. But a world that accepts opposing opinions, and resolves them accordingly... no fists, no brawls.

A world in balance, where value is paid back in value. Where a person can truly reap the benefits off the sweat of their brows. But, dreams… often get distorted along the way, or when we wake up… realize will never come true.



Aspirations:
To be observant without bias. To be compassionate without neglecting logic. To meet expectations and challenges… not without fear, but with the courage to meet those fears. To climb and claw my way up the ladder and etch my name onto the stars. To prove that not all that seems the norm is always true. To leave behind a legacy worthy of remembrance.
To fight and kick and punch till my dying breath, so with that last breath… I will know that I have the right to say “I did my best… I have no regrets.”



I come from:
A cesspool of single minded individuals, contented with the filth and degradation, not limited to the environment around them, but also the train of thoughts running through their heads. All tossed and cluttered in a package called a ‘town’. Where I come from, you either see the light and work your way up as a hero… or be so blinded with ignorance that you fumble your way into the muck as a loser, amounting to nothing.

Welcome to rural-ity, welcome to Port Klang.



My childhood was:
‘Raw’ to say the least. Nothing different you’d expect growing up as a ‘Budak Kampung’. I had a few toys, hand-me-downs and thankfully some ‘Lego’s. Other than that, I grew up with sticks, stones and lots and lots of grass. Bruises, cuts and scrapes everywhere on my body were the norm, but every pain was development.
I then turned to books. Some kids got to go on vacations, I was lucky enough to have my own escapes in the form of mental windows.  As a ‘tourist’, words became my foreign friends… and I acquainted myself well as I saw the elation of literating myself.
And when things picked up a little for my family, I had the luxury of using a ‘Computer.’ It was then, that a whole new world opened up for me and I realized how little I knew. And I wanted to know more… I still do.
All in all, I had a pretty good childhood if I do say so myself.



Family conditions:
I wasn’t born with a silver spoon, nor do I consider myself having one now. My teeth are jagged yet strong with every grind made. I was fortunate to have been born into a family that knew what value meant.
I thank God that I was never given what I wanted, but given everything that I needed. The lessons imparted to me are far more precious than any luxury that could have been gifted.
Family means the world to me, and one day, hopefully… these lessons I will impart to sons or daughters of my own.



Three experiences making the most lasting impression on me were:
The night I got lost at the night-market at the age of 4,
The time I was granted a bicycle at the age of 9,
The day before the passing of my only grandmother at the age of 11.

I learned to fear, fear of never finding myself.
I learned to work for what I want, and to cherish it when I finally get it.
I learned that time is cruel, that things do not last and to make use of the time we have.



Ten most important given circumstances are:

When I wake up in the morning and prepare to head out to Uni, I always try to remain a Positive and Hopeful outlook. I Organize my time accordingly and ensure that I have sufficient left over to Accommodate any unexpected alterations. When working in groups, I try to Scrutinize through facades and to see the Honest side of people. I find what incentives may Motivate and enforce Cooperation from fellow team members and work on that. All in all, Openness and Understanding is vital in any undertaking to ensure that something is carried out to its fullest.



No comments:

Post a Comment